Default Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?

Well I can't answer your question but for those who don't know, XP has
an automtic time synchronization feature which operates weekly. You
have to be on line of course. The synchronization can also be done
manually. See: StartControl PanelDate and Time. My pc keeps time
very well.

Glenn

On 26 Oct 2005 15:03:04 -0700, wrote:

Why do the battery powered clocks in personal computers tend to keep
worse time than quartz watches, even the $1 ones?

The computer batteries measure fine, at least 3.15V.

I thought that the problem was temperature swings in the computers
(25-38C), but a couple of cheapo watches taped inside the computers
kept better time.