Wayne Cook

Default Legal question

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:47:13 GMT, Ignoramus3242
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:04:28 GMT, Ignoramus3242 wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:56:55 GMT, Chip Chester wrote:
I've scanned this thread, and couldn't find exactly if there's an airbill,
or just an address label.

Just an fedex HANDWRITTEN address label. No return address.

An airbill, even with no return address, can be traced to the
account/credit card of the shipper. (I don't think they take cash.)
Also, look for any airbill stickers on what was left of the
packaging -- 2" x 1/4" white stickers with potentially valid airbill
numbers on 'em. Even if they're old, from recycled packaging, it's
a clue to FedEx.

nothing.

I also recall that there was a harbor freight catalog tangled in
plastic shrinkwrap, maybe there is an address printed on it. I threw
it in my garbage, but the garbage is still in my yard.

I came home and checked it.

It was a envelope of harbor freight coupons and a copy of an invoice,
not a catalog.

Here's the rub: the invoice is for stuff shipped to ME in
March. Swivel air hoses, air angle grinder etc.

Some more puzzling facts:

- I received that shipment very long time ago
- It was shipped from HF via UPS
- The Suzuki motor arrived via Fedex

Barring the scenario given by another poster I see a few
possibilities here. But the one that pops to mind as most likely is.
You accidentally used the invoice as packing material on something you
shipped sometime. Thus one of your previous customers had it and it
ended up stuck to the engine.

I also imagine that it's the reason that Fedex put you address on
the engine when the original address got lost.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm