Jean

Default Seam Tape repair on ceiling

PipeDown wrote:
"Jean" wrote in message

I'm looking for advice on a reasonably fast method of "re-attaching" some
seam tape that is peeling off my ceiling.

I am familiar with the "right" way to do this (remove old tape, use mesh
tape, mud the area, etc) but I'm thinking of just trying to reattach the
peeling tape. Why? The tape is at the apex of a 12ft cathedral ceiling
that is 55ft long and has a textured (knockdown) surface. So doing it the
"right way" would take much more time and effort than I want to spend.

Suggestions I've gotten so far a
- Use caulk under the tape to reattach it to the wallboard,
- Use some mud under the tape to reattach it to the wallboard,
- Use "white glue" (Elmer's ?) to reattach the tape,
- Use wallpaper glue to reattach the tape.

Anyone have any tried-and-true methods for doing this kind of "fast and
dirty" repair?

Thanks,

Jean

I have successfully used Elmer's glue as the paper and wallboard are just
the perfect porosity for that glue. I have also used it to reattach falling
bits of popcorn (once it is painted, it can fall off in sheets if poorly
adhered) and wallpaper.

Do it soon before it degrades more.

Thanks for the advice ...Elmer's sounds like a good solution since it
will reattach the sections without discoloring the area. If I happen to
slop a little on the good section of the seam, will I still be able to
paint over it?

Thanks,

Jean