Percival P. Cassidy

Default FRIGIDAIRE WASHER

Can you turn the drum by hand? If yes, maybe it's the controller module.
If not, perhaps it's the bearing.

We have a front-load washer that was built for Sears by Frigidaire and
had to have the controller module replaced (under warranty: at least
$200 + labor otherwise).

The service guy said the most common problem with them (at least with
this model) is bearing failure (mucho espensivo to fix -- more than the
cost of a new machine -- because it takes two people at least a couple
of hours, plus a whole new drum/bearing/shaft assembly, because they're
not available separately). The most common cause of this failure, he
said, is using ordinary detergent instead of the low-sudsing detergent
made specially for front-loaders; we stock up on the latter at Sears
when they have it for half price.

How knowledgeable was the tech. who came? The circuit diagram and
fault-finding checklist were in an envelope inside the access panel on
ours, and it took the service guy only about 5 min. to figure out the
problem, 5 min. to get the new part from the truck, and 5 min. to
replace it.

Perce

On 10/26/05 03:22 pm annika tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

My 2 year old front load frigidaire washer (model GLTF1240ASO) is
giving me problems. The drum won't spin or move at all. The machine
fills and empties okay. I had a technician come and take a look. He
checked the speed control, the door latch and told me it was the motor.
I purchased a motor, which obviously wasn't the problem since the
washer still does not spin. Anyone with a similar problem of knowledge
that can shed some light on the problem. The only part that has not
been tested is the timer. I don't want to spend any more unnecessary
money. The technican that came out won't return my phone calls.