Barney

Default Philips TV

wrote in message
oups.com...

Barney wrote:
"Gary Collins" wrote in message

15-20 year old TV (mod 2699-04) gave out with smoke from component
resister R403 (small disk raised off the board). Does anyone know the
specs for this resister? It maay be that something elso caused this
resister to overhaeat, if anyone has a suggestion I would love to hear
from you.

thanks

Gary

Do you know what chassis it is?

thanks for responding. The chassis # is 26C9-04 and the model is
PNH613 CH01 (built in 1987). The V across the resister is 115 and only
drops
to 85V with an R = ~100s ohms across it which draws a high current. I
don't have a schematic to track down what's going on.

I'm sorry but I don't recognise the chassis (doesn't sound as if that is a
chassis type). What are the symptons that you have with the set?