Larry Blanchard

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

Mike Marlow wrote:

I simply see an order to the
universe that I attribute to God and an intelligent design.

Aye, there's the rub (sorry, WIll).

Claiming that there is order in the universe is akin to one mayfly
commenting to another how great it is that the world is always warm and
moist.

Two factors account for this.

One, the chaos takes place on such a gigantic time scale that we really
are only mayflies.

And two, if we evolved to fit this planet, it's understandable that some
would believe instead that the planet evolved (using the word loosely)
to fit us.

Hopefully, no asteroid will hit the planet during our life spans, but if
it did I could say "See?" as we were snuffed out of existence :-).