Christopher Tidy

Default Spot the Babin...gagegageman?

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:34:32 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

snip

Trust your instincts. I built my feedback rating up by selling low-ish
value items at great prices. I'm at 70 or so, 120 transactions or so,
100% positive. I prefer to buy from people with 3 or 4 digit ratings,
but that 100% means a lot.

I used to think that the 100% meant a great deal, but I've revised my
opinion now. I got screwed when I bought an industrial toaster from
someone with about a 250 rating and 100% positive (the seller was
"paulandsara" and I am "cdt22" for anyone wondering).

...and then you failed to leave negative feedback to warn the rest of us
away from him. So you are, I'm sorry, but as much at fault as every
other person he screwed who didn't warn _you_ away from him.

I left it so long because at the time I was short of cash and wanted the
refund in order to buy a replacement toaster more than I wanted to neg
him. But I certainly wish I'd negged him.

snip

Am I going to neg the guy in Switzerland who shows all appearances of
weaseling out on this liquid nitrogen dewar? Hell yes. The sellers
have less choice in the matter, but that doesn't mean the buyers'
ratings aren't important to them. For you to claim that feedback
doesn't mean much, and then to yourself contribute to it not meaning
much by not negging someone who deserved it, is a bit over the top,
don't you think?

Above is my explanation for why I didn't neg him at the time. This was
one of my earlier eBay experiences (my first dispute) and now I would
say "make sure the cheque is in my hand next week or I'll leave
negative" but I wasn't that harsh. I should have been. We live and
learn. But my point above wasn't that feedback didn't mean much, it was
that seller feedback is more important than buyer feedback, and I stand
by that.

Chris