Andy Asberry

Default Spot the Babin...gagegageman?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:31:59 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

mj wrote:
wrote:

Either this guy does trade under a different name, or
elsewhere, or that comment is bogus.

He's been suspected of using shills or other of his own
accounts to boost his feedback in the past. Yet another
reason not to deal with this individual, whether it is
him or not.

--Glenn Lyford

I just checked some of the bidders. Most of them are fairly new with
anywhere from a 0-8 feedback rating. One bidder has a 76. They should
know better.
No wonder people get ripped off on ebay.
Mike

Some people get tempted into bidding because the price looks good, even
though the seller looks dodgy. I've nearly done this myself, but so far
I've always managed to resist. Last month I saw a zero feedback seller
with a magnetic drill for about 1/3 the usual price. He said it was an
ex-demo model. I contacted him to ask a few questions, and became
suspicious when he hid his e-mail address. He clearly didn't know much
about the machine and after a while changed the listing to say it was
110 V rather than 240 V. He'd listed a whole load of tools on eBay, and
I started to wonder if they were stolen. I contacted him again and asked
if he knew the history of the drill, and also politely suggested that
hiding his e-mail address wasn't a good idea. I never heard back from
him and no one bid on the auction. When the drill was re-listed the
description was changed quite a bit to say it had "never been used". I'm
glad I didn't bid.

Chris

The other day there was a 2004 Kubota tractor for $3000 and free
shipping. 62 hours. Plus a mower, loader, box blade and a trailer.
That setup is worth around 15 grand. I don't find it now.