Rick

Default DIY roof mount wind power? anyone?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:35:48 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Nick wrote:
(about house-top wind powered generators)
So for £1000 capital outlay and a further £1000 for the inverter (£2000) he
produces some 600 KwH per year at say 7p per KwH which is £42 worth of
electricity a year which is only (2000/42) 47 YEARS to just break even,
assuming no maintenance and other problems.....

I'd noted that, also...

Is it any wonder why there is not a rush to
do this on economic grounds ?

Is it viable on resource grounds? How much energy and resource does it
take to make one of these things?

My place in in one of the Welsh Assembly TAN-8 areas, where they wish
to promote windmill buliding. So I phoned up a few suppliers for a
10KW windmill, and none would sell me one. They said the wind at my
house was too low to make it worth the government giving me the 10K
grant towards the machine. So why did the Welsh assemply put the TAN-8
area here ?

Rick