chicagofan

Default Electrical question about plugs... please

Don Young wrote:

All the responses have good ideas, but why not just open the main breaker
and be sure? You need to know how to do this to kill all power in your home
and you you need to have a flashlight if one is needed.

I want to thank all of you for the great responses, and I am pretty well
acquainted with my main breaker box. I've been here almost 20 yrs., and
have found my box/circuits to be marked pretty clearly.

I have switched a space heater to that outlet in the past few days, so I
think it will confirm that I've thrown the right switch, without shutting
the whole box off. Also I think I have rubber handled pliers. Just haven't
had time to fool with it yet.

Thanks again everyone!

Barbara

"chicagofan" wrote
If I have a receptacle that has one prong [of a worthless plug] stuck in
it... can I remove it with pliers safely, or do I have to turn off the
power first?