DogP

Default 50" Mitsubishi Rear Projection Help

Hi,

I've got a dead 50" Mitsubishi Rear Projection that I'm trying to get
working again. I'm familiar with rear projection monitors, but by no
means an expert... I've fixed 4 so far, but none have been anything
very complicated (one was a bad PIP card, another was just adjusted
wrong, one had a cable loose, and the last needed the tubes
rejuvenated). I'm very familiar with standard CRT monitors though, and
good with electronics, and I know what I can and can't touch .

Anyway, this one is on a Wave Runner arcade game (like:
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...&game_id=10414 ), and when I
turn it on, I hear it click, it sounds like there's HV, then shuts down
after about a second. It's missing the back door, so I don't know what
the model number is... the only numbers I can find are PB7539 (on the
Power Supply) and PB7538 (on the HV/Deflection board). It says it was
manufactured in 1998 and it's a medium resolution monitor only (no TV
tuner). Is there any hidden place that a model number would be? Or if
I took a pic of the boards, would anyone here be able to identify what
the model is?

I'm just looking for any ideas on what I can check. I've read about a
bunch of problems with Mitsubishi monitors, mostly bad solder joints,
bad capacitors, and blown HOT, but they're always specific about which
capacitor is bad, and since this model is different, I don't know which
capacitors to check (C914 is the one I always hear about, but I don't
have a C914). I don't think the HOT is bad, since that should have
blown a fuse, and there are no blown fuses.

I've already pulled the power board and inspected/resoldered the large
pins, and that didn't help any... I've tried turning down the screen
controls (I've had one that would shut down in the past if those were
too high). I'm planning on resoldering the points on the flyback next,
but I'd like some tips on a more systematic approach to troubleshooting
this. What would cause the shutdown? I know on CRT monitors, a high
B+ would cause it, but where do I measure the B+ at on these monitors?

I'd appreciate any help or tips anyone can give me. Thanks,

Pat