Tim Schwartz

Default (MORE) KSS240A lens vibrating

Hello all,

I got a reply from the original poster that this conditions happens
when CD is selected on the unit, even with NO DISC in the player, so it
is certainly NOT the vibration I was thinking of, and the weights will
not cure it.

If the lens is going onto oscillations with no disc, I'm inclined to
believe there is more likely to be a problem in the control circuit than
with the optical block itself. I'd look for power supply problems too.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

wrote:

Hi,

never come across this so thought i'd post and see what people think.

I just got hold of a Sony MHC1600 cd/radio unit. When in cd mode there
is a noise coming from within the unit. I took then unit apart and the
noise is the cd lens assembly vibrating. If you put your finger on the
lens and press (this has probably knackered it anyway) then you can
stop the vibration and noise.

Is the optical assembly the culprit or could it be something else . I
can get hold of another optical assembly easily enough which i'll do
anyway but anyone seen this before?

Kind Regards

Steve