John Harshman

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

Mike Marlow wrote:

"John Harshman" wrote in message
t...

Mike Marlow wrote:

I generally like your posts Charlie but this is a rub. Go ahead and

take a

shot at those with a belief that differs from yours, if that's what

makes

you feel fulfilled, but it's just a shot. The fact (a word that those

who

enjoy deriding others with a belief love to use...) of the matter is

that

there is no "fact" which unsubstantiated a creation or ID. Science does

not

pretend to have any such fact.

That depends on what you mean by "creation" and "ID". Science can
certainly falsify (quite easily) the notion that species were created
separately, or that phyla were created separately in the Cambrian
explosion, and that sort of thing. If, on the other hand, you suppose
that god intervened at various points during evolution to introduce
crucial new mutations, there is nothing to falsify that.

Ahhhh... I can't suggest anything to you. The best that I can do is to
state that I believe that God was the creator - how and when and why, I have
no clue. Could have been done over millennium, could have been done all at
once, could have been done in 6 days or 6 seconds or whatever. Just don't
know. I simply see an order to the universe that I attribute to God and an
intelligent design.

No problem. I can't tell you whether god was the creator, but I can tell
you how and (for some senses of the word) why. Clearly it was not done
is 6 days or 6 seconds, but over billions of years. And with regard to
life, it all comes from a common ancestor somewhere around 4 billion
years ago.