Karl Vorwerk

Default Best way to remove rust from black oxide?

This is the email they sent me today.
"
Karl,

I apologize for this belated reply to your email, Stephanie is no longer
with the company and her emails have had trouble forwarding. We currently
have no distributors in Hawaii, but have some in California. Please go to
our website, www.evapo-rust.com and click on the distributors tab, look at
California. If you are not able to get satisfaction, please call us direct
at our toll free number, 888-329-9877. Thank you for your interest in our
product!

Best regards,

Howard Crosby"

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
A product called Evaporust. This is a liquid that looks and feels like
soap. I have soaked rusted tools in it, and they come out clean and
black. It won't restore the shininess, though.

Thanks Leo and Rex for the tips on EvapoRust; it looks like a promising
product for this and many other de-rusting operations I come across. Now
if I can just find a local source for the stuff.

- Michael