Mike Marlow

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...

A massive failure of the science education in the lower grades, I'd
say, largely thanks to the True Believers who can't tell the difference
between fact supported scientific theory (they always, or almost
always, founder on the word "theory") and religious belief.

I generally like your posts Charlie but this is a rub. Go ahead and take

shot at those with a belief that differs from yours, if that's what makes
you feel fulfilled, but it's just a shot. The fact (a word that those who
enjoy deriding others with a belief love to use...) of the matter is that
there is no "fact" which refutes a creation or ID. Science does not
pretend to have any such fact.

Editor's Note: Please excuse the brain fart on behalf of the author. Our
editorial staff is taking license to make the required edits in order to
maintain a consistency between the original comments and the author's reply.
(Also an edit above to correct a hasty acceptance of a spell checker
suggestion which proved to be the wrong word completely!)

Strike: There is no "fact supported by scientific theory". That, all by
itself is a contradiction.

And Insert: Science does not attempt to disprove creation, ID or a god in
its pursuit. There is nothing about evolution for example, that refutes a
creation. Nor does science suggest there is. Likewise, a belief in the
aforementioned does not necessarily refute evolution or other scientific
theories. There are scientists and non-scientists who project their own
personal beliefs or desires into the realm of scientific understanding, and
who suggest there could be no creation, but these opinions are fully
unsupported by scientific fact.

Also insert: I would ask how "True Believers" could have brought about the
massive failure of science education in the lower grades, when all mention
of anything close to creation has been striken from the public schools in
favor of teaching scientific theories as fact, for decades? Note: I don't
have a hang up with the word theory until the theory becomes presented as
fact.

Final insert: That was as much editing as the original piece...

Your belief may differ
from mine and others like me, but your belief is equally unproven -
substantiated only by "scientific theory". My point - you suffer the same
condition as those who you deride simply because you dislike their choice

of
faith.

--

-Mike-