Set Square

Default Problems connecting washing machine to mains

Mark Hewitt wrote:

The way I have it at the moment is only temporary. I intend to
reconnect the old machine via a Y-piece to the same tap, however when
I tried this then predicably water went everywhere as there wasn't a
proper seal.

I assume that you *are* using a proper plumbed-in washing machine tap - and
not some adaptor which fits on a normal sink tap?

In that case, it sounds as if either the rubber washer is missing, or isn't
thick enough. You can sometimes get a situation where the annular threaded
part doesn't screw far enough onto the tap to compress the washer. In this
case, you need to fit an additional rubber washer - maybe by taking the one
out of the old hose.
--
Cheers,
Set Square