John

Default Fitting Bi-fold doors - help (long)

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote in message
. ..
In article , John
wrote:

Next thing, he's ringing us saying that it took him *3 hours* to fit (at
£10/hour, mind you), the track needed "opening out a bit and oiling"
before
it would work smoothly. And, of course, the doors now have "cut-outs"
where
he located the hinges, that he shouldn't have fitted in the first place,
and
has now removed.

Well there may be the problem. £10/hr is not an viable rate for a
craftsman. I would be surprised to find anyone working for £10 an hour
self
employed.

What would you do?

Pay a craftsman to do it in future.

--
AJL

He's not doing this at self-employed rates. He works full time for a local
building firm and he's doing this as a foreigner at "mates-rates" because
I've worked - and been friends with - his dad (and by association, with him
[he's 26]) for 25 years - hence my moral, as well as physical, problem!

John.