Nehmo

Default Space Heater ?

- Keith -
I am looking for the best space heater I can get for a 13 x 13

bedroom. Its
upstairs in an old 2 story farmhouse. Theres no windbreak and the

outside
wall faces west. I really didn't want to run a gasline up there. 110v

or
220v wouldn't be a problem. Last winter we used a Lakewood oil-filled
radiator, but it didn't quite do the job.

- Nehmo -
I'll answer assuming you're rich or can steal the electricity. If you're
not in either category, get a few dogs or a harem or both. Electric
blankets, called warming blankets nowadays, are pretty good too.

If your Lakewood was a 5051 (# on the UL label), it was recalled.
http://www.lakewoodeng.com/html/safety.html

The higher the wattage, the more heat the unit will produce - and the
more it will cost to operate.

Since new models come out every winter, any recommendation should be
general. Go to Wal-Mart, your warehouse store, or Home Depot and look at
the ones on display (the non-portable kind, if that's what you want,
probably won't be on display). I like the ones with fans, but you may
not want the noise, even though it's not much.

Another possibility is a propane heater using a tank. You won't need to
run a line and it'll be cheaper than electric.

Froozle, space heater electric: http://snipurl.com/j1wk

--