MAUREEN ROAN

Default Pellet stove venting/outside air

Thanks for the suggestion. You might think that there would be consensus
among installers, but I could not find one. Not many installers (mainly,
chimney sweeps and maintenance people) that I spoke to felt that an outside
air connection was desirable. I wrote the manufacturer and he said that
outside air connection was "recommended", but no recommendation was found in
the installation guide. The local code does not contain any recommendations
for outside air for any kind of fireplace or fireplace insert.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Assuming you're having a local professional do this install, that is
the person I'd ask about these options, because of familiarity with
equipment and local code requirements.

HTH,