Porky

Default Which discrete transistor would you use for a boost circuit?

Sometimes a one chip solution is a lot
more of a burden than expected of the novice.

Amen.

By way of an update for those of you who suggested op amps, thanks.
Next time I'll build a complete op amp reverb driver and recovery
circuit, designed by Roy Mallory. Buttt... for this project, the op amp
boost circuit I tried generates too much noise, and the power supply is
a challenge (major PITA). I will go back to my 2 transistor unit. 3804
or 3805 transistors are said to be low-noise, I will try a pair of them
in place of the flaky ones I started with. Thanks to all for the
inspiration.

John Kogel
on surfin' safari...