Ken G.

Default Samsung / Akai convergence update

I am the one who has 10 of these 42`` samsung projection sets at work
all with convergence issues .
We ordered 4 of the 15$ sanyo STK-392-040 chips .

I replaced the 2 chips on one clean looking module , checked all the low
ohm resistors and found none bad so i went ahead and plugged the module
into one of the sets and it worked .
I continued to try the same module in 9 of the sets and they all worked
Some were super far off with the red so i quickly got into the manual
convergence and got it back into shape .
Tomorrow i will put those other 2 new chips on another board as before
and try my luck . If this goes good it looks like there will be hope for
some if not all of the other modules and tv sets .
Will they last ? I du-no ? I am thinking maybe Samsung got hold of a
big batch of not so good STK chips . Who knows !