James Sweet

Default total novice, help to make a little boy happy

Well,

Tandy/Radio Shack left The Netherlands years ago. Still don't know whether
the the Dutch public was too dumb or too smart to buy their products. IMHO
most of it was too expensive. The only things I really bought, was the wire
wrap necessities. Sockets, tools, wires I used intensively at the time.

As for that dash lights I strongly advise *not* to use power supply that has
not been insulated from the mains. That 12V insolation was not made to
withstand the mains voltage and especially in the hands of children it can
be lethal.

petrus bitbyter

Any "wall wart" type power supply you find will be isolated from the mains.