petrus bitbyter

Default total novice, help to make a little boy happy

"jakdedert" schreef in bericht
petrus bitbyter wrote:
"Danny_B" schreef in bericht
news
hey all,
im new so hi.

need some help,

ive got some LED dash lights for a car which i dont use,

my little bros seen them and wants them to use as a night light/readin
lights,

thing is they are only 12 volt, and have a fag light fitting on the
end, (as they are for use's in cars) is there anyway, i can change them
so they run from a main's plug, or ne other power source????

http://tinyurl.com/cju4x

if u look at the link its that kinda thing,

can anyone help me,

cheers in advance dan

--
Danny_B

Well,

You should find out the current required by that dash lights and buy a
12Vdc wallwart able to provide that current.

petrus bitbyter

In fact, here in the States , they make a wall wart adaptor with a 'fag
light' plug built in...over half an amp AIRC, more than enough for one LED
map light.

Check your nearest Tandy store....

jak

Well,

Tandy/Radio Shack left The Netherlands years ago. Still don't know whether
the the Dutch public was too dumb or too smart to buy their products. IMHO
most of it was too expensive. The only things I really bought, was the wire
wrap necessities. Sockets, tools, wires I used intensively at the time.

As for that dash lights I strongly advise *not* to use power supply that has
not been insulated from the mains. That 12V insolation was not made to
withstand the mains voltage and especially in the hands of children it can
be lethal.

petrus bitbyter