The Davenport's

Default wierdness in Excalibur ad...stainless steel not reliably straight?

I saw the following in an ad for Excalibur:

"...we won't use stainless steel for guide rails for example. It is just
not reliably straight enough for our standards..."

Why would stainless be any less straight than any other kind of steel?

Chris

If it was worded more accurately, it would read "for our standards at a
price we are willing to pay."

Stainless can be as straight as needed for anything that a woodworking
machine would ever need it to be, but like ANY other steel, it's going to
need to be straightened and it's not as easy as it is to do to "normal"
steel...that is, cold rolled or alloy steel.

Mike