Jim K

Default Using used plastic container for oil

As many have said, make sure you label the container. When I was a QA
safety inspector one of the more common writeups was unlabeled
containers. You can't tell if a can contains coffee or acid (in our
workplace it was hard to tell even if you tasted it).

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:34:16 GMT, Matt
wrote:

Ted Bennett wrote:
This is a little off-topic, but you guys know everything, right?

Would it be a bad idea to store unused motor oil in a plastic container
that has been used for liquid detergent if it has been cleaned and
rinsed? I am more concerned about bad effects on the oil than the
container, via leaching of something into the oil.

I like the container because of its neatly enclosed drip-free pouring
spout, but I can still smell the detergent after several rinsings.

Thanks for any pointers or warnings.