The Davenport's

Default Best way to remove rust from black oxide?

This may sound a bit cold..but..why bother? Its a cutting tool.
Disposable over time. Give it a shot of LPS-3, store it properly
and dont sweat the small stuff.

Actually, it's a carbide insert mill, so it's not exactly "disposable".

As far as I'm concerned, it's still disposable...everything is, long term,
considered "perishable tooling" even the machines. And he did say "over
time"...even insert pockets get worn.

Besides, by your philosophy, one could argue that firearms are disposable
tools and thus we should not worry about their cosmetic condition. But I'd
hate to have a rusty firearm, even if the rust is only on non-working
exterior parts.

- Michael

I suppose you could carry the analogy that far if you wanted to and it would
still be accurate...the only thing that changes is the scale. The fact is
that unless there is rust in the insert pocket(that would be bad for the
insert and all that) or on a mounting face/flange, a little rust isn't gonna
hurt a thing in the world.

Luck

Mike