Edwin Pawlowski

Default no heat..thermostat?

sue wrote:
I have oil heat, there's plenty of oil, hot water too. I have 2
thermostats..one in the basement and one for the rest of the house,
the heat in the basement seems fine, it won't come on in the rest of
the house. Could the thermostat be the problem?
I'll be downstairs if you need me...

Possible. When the batteries in my thermostate get weak, the time and
temperature still display, but it will not switch on the circulator.

Next is the circulator. Possible the pump motor is getting bound up. I've
had that problem too, after sitting for hte summer. I was able to spin it
by hand and then it was good for the season. After three years it just
stopped and had to be replaced.

If neither of those work, call a pro instead of guessing and buying parts
you don't need.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/