Vince

Default Energy Saving flourecent in Bathroom

I bought two packages of these CFLs at COSTCO at least 24 months ago.
Now down to the last 3. IIRC, each package included (I think) sixteen
bulbs, and the cost was less than $4.us.

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:57:55 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Plus the ones that I've tried don't put out anywhere near the
brightness equivalency that they claim. I also notice that they are
dimmer at lower temps. I used some in my gargae and when it's cold
they are noticeably dimmer. All in all, I'm not very impressed with
these and would not use them in a bathroom or most living areas.
They're best suited to garages, basements, etc, IMO.

The old ones I have seen fit that description, but the current ones seem
much better.

I mix them 50% with incandescent lamps so I get a good color and fast
startup with more total light after they warm up with less power.