RBM

Default no heat..thermostat?

Probably not. The thermostat is the simplest device in the system and not
likely to be at fault. Do you have zone valves or circulators and if so how
many of each. Does the hot water come off the same boiler. Is there a coil
on the boiler or do you have an indirect hot water maker?
"sue" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have oil heat, there's plenty of oil, hot water too. I have 2
thermostats..one in the basement and one for the rest of the house, the
heat in the basement seems fine, it won't come on in the rest of the
house. Could the thermostat be the problem?
I'll be downstairs if you need me...