Edwin Pawlowski

Default Gas or Electric?

"phaeton" wrote in message
oups.com...
Edwin Pawlowski said:

1) Would it be best to heat the house with the gas boiler, or would it
be best to shut it down completely and heat with small electric space
heaters?

No. I repeat. NO. In case you missed it NO, don't do it.

Don't do which? And why?

Electric space heaters will end up costing you a fortune.

gas safety hazard

I'm actually more concerned with Carbon Monoxide than with the gas leak
itself- typically you know when you have a gas leak. With a C0 leak
you just lay down for a nap and don't wake up.

Again, not a big deal. Every house should have a CO detecor or two anyway.
Not just gas, but any burning fuel.