MLD

Default Water pipes going to explode?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey all,

I've been in my house for 4 months, however it is 14 years old. I am on
municipal water, not a well.

After turning off the shower this morning, I noticed a rather loud
buzzing/moaning/vibrating noise coming from the pipes when I turned off
the shower and faucet. It made no noise when the water was running,
the water temp and pressure were fine, and I haven't noticed this
anywhere else in the house before. 10 minutes later I then turned on
the shower and then turned it off, and it made the noise again. I then
tried it again 5 minutes later, nothing.

Again, this has not happened before in the house. Could it just have
been air in the pipes, or something much more serious?
Thanks
John

Water hammer is my guess. There are many ways to handle it, I guess you need
to do a bit of research.
MLD