PipeDown

Default Energy Saving flourecent in Bathroom

The warning is to discourage use outdoors without a proper fixture. There
shouldn't be too much splash 3 feet up a wall (unless you have kids) but
even a few drops won't hurt it. Humidity shouldn't effect it too much.

I use these (or similar) in almost every fixture (except a few where I
cannot tolerate warmup time) and the imperfections are not a problem when I
think of how much money they save me. Warm up time is more on the order of
30 seconds for the really cheap (power company sponsered) bulbs I buy ($1
each)

"Vince" wrote in message

The packages says to use only in dry areas if not enclosed within a
closed globe.

Would it be unwise to use these in a lighting fixture that uses open
ended globes and located approximately 36 inches above the bathroom
sink?