Chris Lewis

Default High price of 600 amp circuit breakers?

According to Ignoramus21085 :
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:18:41 -0000, Chris Lewis wrote:
According to Ignoramus5533 :
I actually have a good reputation, 300+ 100% positive ebay feedback.

Yes, but does that feedback say you're a reliable supplier of
useable/working high amp breakers? _That's_ what's meant by "good
reputation" in this context. eBay reputation is somewhat irrelevant
in this context.

Well, it says that I do not sell bad things by claiming that they are
good things.

It means you're basically honest, but it doesn't mean that you can
reliably assess the condition of these breakers. You can't test them.

Best you can say is "good/clean condition, contacts apparently good,
manual actuator works".

Industrial users of such equipment will not buy such gear. Even a
guarantee is not going to help, because they can't risk it failing and
taking something very expensive with it. Hell, for the most part,
it'll cost them more to install it than you could sell it for.

Rebuilders are your best bet, and they won't pay much.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est