Default Water pipes going to explode?

Hey all,

I've been in my house for 4 months, however it is 14 years old. I am on
municipal water, not a well.

After turning off the shower this morning, I noticed a rather loud
buzzing/moaning/vibrating noise coming from the pipes when I turned off
the shower and faucet. It made no noise when the water was running,
the water temp and pressure were fine, and I haven't noticed this
anywhere else in the house before. 10 minutes later I then turned on
the shower and then turned it off, and it made the noise again. I then
tried it again 5 minutes later, nothing.

Again, this has not happened before in the house. Could it just have
been air in the pipes, or something much more serious?
Thanks
John