jim rozen

Default Copper and silver - why the best conductivity?

In article , Charles Spitzer says...

After accidentally smashing my truck side-view mirror, I found that it
was indeed first surface - and the one the glass folks tried to install
was not. The replacment performed poorly.

really? front surface mirror scratches REALLY easily. even handling it
gently when i make kalidiscopes and attempting to clean it leaves scratches.
was there any protection on the front of it to protect the metal surface?

Nope, just an aluminized first surface mirror. No coatings, nothing
fancy. It held up pretty well - until that lady in the jaguar crossed
over the line one day, and our mirrors collided. I think she wound
up paying more for hers, than I did for mine.

:^)

Jim

please reply to: