Andy Hill

Default Want a longer lasting light bulb

"Mel" wrote:
I put two standard 25-40 watt light bulbs in my pump house every winter to
keep things from freezing. Is there a longer lasting bulb out there? These
usually of out mid-winter and I have to make sure I catch it or I could have
problems.

I read where putting in European Bulbs that run off 230volts, run at our 115
last a long time. Only problem, where do I get these bulbs if they are the
solution?

If you can't track down the 230V bulbs, screw-in halogen bulbs (e.g., Phillips
Halogena) tend to have quite a bit longer life than standard incandescents.