Roy Starrin

Default Whole house surge suppressor

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:34:50 -0400, w_tom wrote:

A standard myth has been posted....
How effective a protector will be is determined by the
quality of your building's single point earth ground.

A protector being only as as effective as its earth ground.

AMEN!!!
Several years ago I had my fused 200a service changed to circuit
breakers and an outside, whole-house disconnect. Incident to this a
single whole house ground was driven into the earth nearby. The power
company guys told me that I needed to then get the telephone and cable
gents out to reconnect their grounds to that single ground. Haven't
had a problem since, when I had many fried appliances before that