Amun

Default Bathroom Fan - Where to vent?

"Dave" wrote in message
news:_vf7f.51290$S4.35219@edtnps84...
I am installing a bath fan. My house is a bungalow style. I like to vent

it
out by the soffit just outside the bathroom; but I am not sure how I can

get
a vent pipe thru to the soffit.
My other option is to run a vent pipe down the middle of the attic space

the side of the house vent. This pipe will have to be about 22'. Would

this
be too long of a run?

Thanks
D.

Depending on the fan 22' may not be too long a run if the pipes do not have
bends, and you can use a slightly larger diameter pipe to reduce the
drag/resistance.

As this is a bungalow, why not go right up through the roof ?
They do sell roof caps that are quite good and do not leak as long as they
are properly installed.

AMUN