Brian Lawson

Default Reamer storage

Hey Ron,

A friend has made a four-sided lazy susan, about 24" tall and each
panel 12" wide. There are numerous wooden "slats" on an angle across
the faces, varied in size as to the tool to be placed. I think that
would make an excellent device for you. He further states that if he
keeps the humidity below 65%, he gets no rusting or "finger-marking"
on any ferrous surfaces. (if a pix would help, I'll send it
direct...actually, one pix of each side).

Personally, I bought a bunch or el-cheapo two piece tool boxes ( on
wheels), and with some conversions I use them for taps, dies, reamers,
drills, etc.. And I use two of those multi-speed overhead fans per
garage to keep the air moving, which is a great aid in
slowing/stopping rusting.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 24 Oct 2005 13:51:56 -0700, wrote:

Did a search in the archives, did not find anything so I thought it
would be fair game to ask. I have about 100 reamers sized from .020 to
.300. These are used in day to day operations for my line of work
(hobby?). I started out organizing these in a few of those plastic
drawer type storage units you can get for 20 bucks or so. These work
OK until you get to the .200 diameter and up reamers that are too long
for the drawers to close. Looked at the reamer storage drawers out
there (like HOUT or however you spell that) but I can't seem to pry
that kind of money out, unless you all tell me that I am being too
cheap and that going that route is best. Open to some fair comments,
thanks in advance, ron.