Mr Fizzion

Default How's this for DIY special?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 01:00:59 GMT, dave wrote:

Why not make it a requirement that some form of qualification is shown
before materials can be purchased? In its simplest form there is more
than one way to wire a plug top...but how many of these are correct?

What the hell is a plug top and spare way on a 4 gang extension lead?

afaik a "plug top" is the correct term for what is commonly known as "a plug"
(usually a (2/5/13A fused plug). 4 gang extension lead is simply an extension
lead with 4 x (13A) socket outlets on the end! (y/n)?

I think you must be making this up! Neither wikipedia nor any of the
online dictionaries know the term. "Plug top"...so what happened to
the rest of the plug?

I have never heard anyone use the term "spare way", though I have to
admit it's quite common to say "4 way extenstion lead". "Spare socket"
is what "normal" people say... :-)))

Mr F.