lhfreak

Default Facet leak....to no pressure?!!?

HI!

I had a dripping bathroom faucet, so I googled, found some tips, so
here's what I did....

The drip came from the hot side, so I shut off the hot valve underneath
the sink. Then I replaced the stem unit with a new one from Home
Depot. When I turned the valve on, and tried it, it spattered a
little, and then went to a VERY small flow. The cold side now does the
same thing, and I haven't even touched the cold valve! Also, when I
turn the faucet off, it not only leaks, but has the same small flow. I
tried to reverse the stem, thinking I put it in wrong, but that made it
worse. Now I have both valves shut off. Can anyone help please?

Thanks!