Roger Shoaf

Default Office chair (metal) repair

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:09:25 GMT, Fred R "spam
wrote:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful reply.
Driving a bolt through he assembly to maintain my favorite setting had

not
occurred to me. But, that's why this group is so wonderful!!

Ivan Vegvary

Just don't drill the hole through the pressurized part! Could be
'exciting', as in a ride with lights and sirens blaring. A pipe clamp
might be a good thing.

Such drama! Just use a small drill (1/16" or so), with work in vise
on a drillpress, wearing a face shield. It'll go PSSSsssss and then
the pressure will be gone and you can then drill to size.

Why bother with that? Just remove the device and insert a dummy rod the
appropriate length. If you insert a pin into the side of the thin wall
cylinder, then all your weight is going to be supported by only a thin
section of the cylinder. That seems likely to fail.

--
Roger Shoaf