Default My rolling garage sale...

I was one the key figures in the scene Ed elaborated on though as the
buyer not as the fellow that got in his face. I will say that Ed's tale
is a little skewed in his favor though I wasn't there when the promoter
lashed out. I was also reprimanded by the promoter and immediately
began to try an rectify the situation. I think I was pretty succesful
and was in his good graces when I left the event.
Let me explain the situation from my take on the promoters point of
view. He really likes doing these shows and being involved with the
hobby metal workers. This is the third show in CA and Visalia and he
has taken a monetary bath each time attempting to get a viable event
going. One of his sources of income is commisions on sales of
equipment. He offers a venue where buyer and seller can get together
and in most cases should be compensated. I should have never made the
offer to purchase the piece Ed was offering as we were literally in the
entry way to the show. The promoter should have been a little more
tactful his is approach to both Ed and I. His concern wasn't just his
loss of commision but the fact that everyone seemed to be rushing
outside to do some "trading".
I think Ed also skewed the story I told him about Gunner. Gunner did
rent space last year and sold quite a bit of stuff. I will not repeat
the story I told Ed here as it was too long and complicated and his
brief summary was was unjustified.
This will be the last Visalia Show. Several people with a positive
attitude about the event, myself included, are looking for a new venue
and open to suggestions. Visalia is halfway between LA and SF but seems
to suffer because it is too far for metal workers to drive from either
direction. It is going to take 2000 attendees to make it work and they
are having trouble getting 1000. Some of this may be blamed on those
that didn't attend figuring they could make it next year. Well, they
just isn't going to be a next year.
On a lighter note I hope all of you that bought machines and tooling
from me enjoy making chips with the stuff. It was certainly my best
year in sales but I am mystified on why I had to bring home a decent
SBL heavy ten with collet closer and premium 3 jaw chuck. Asking price
was $1000. on the factory cabinet and delivery to either SF area or LA
area available. Leigh at MarMachine