Default New insulation installed over existing - vapor barrier question

Hi and thanks for your help.

I live in Ohio, and this past weekend I installed fiberglass insulation
over top of some (about 2-3 inches) of blown in insulation. The
mistake I made was not removing the paper backing vapor barrier. Well,
actually the first mistake I made was not reading about how to do it
prior to actually doing it; but that's another issue. Anyway, damage
done. My question: is it sufficient to simply go back and cut some
holes in the back of the strips (each strip was 24" X 48") of
insulation, or do I need to completely remove the paper backing?

Thanks
Doug