PipeDown

Default How to Cut Bathroom Wash Basin?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:Ifb7f.4865$c4.2772@trndny03...

"Jack CC" wrote in message

My new bathroom wash basin is too long and I like to cut 1-1/2" off
from both ends. If I use a circular saw, what type of saw (Numbers teeth)
should I use. I believe the basin is made of white "cement" and not
plastic
or fiberglass, with a thin top coat of transparent plastic.

Find out what it is really made from first. Wrong material and blade
combo can make a mess. In general, the more teeth the finer the cut.

If your sink is made of stone, cultured marble or a similar cement-like
material, use a diamond cutting blade. Use a wet blade and cut slowly.
Anything else will leave a jagged edge you will need to grind off. Blades
are available for any size circulat saw but something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-3-8-in-Marble-...c mdZViewItem
would be adequate.

(not my auction, just an example)