Chris Lewis

Default How to Cut Bathroom Wash Basin?

According to Edwin Pawlowski :

"Jack CC" wrote in message

My new bathroom wash basin is too long and I like to cut 1-1/2" off
from both ends. If I use a circular saw, what type of saw (Numbers teeth)
should I use. I believe the basin is made of white "cement" and not
plastic
or fiberglass, with a thin top coat of transparent plastic.

Find out what it is really made from first. Wrong material and blade combo
can make a mess. In general, the more teeth the finer the cut.

Especially since I think someone describing a basin being made of "white cement
.... with a thin top coat of transparent plastic" is actually describing
a porcelain or ceramic sink. As in, you can't cut this with a hand
held circular saw. _Maybe_ a special diamond saw, but the results would
really be disgusting.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est