Pop

Default Adding a new furnace in conjuction with existing electric - how to separate the air supplies?

Heat activated damper to keep wood heat from going into the
electric furnace. Feed heat with Y, not a T, connection. Not
too close to each other. Get an experienced heat man in.

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Hello all,
:
: Simple question here (I think), but I'm adding a second furnace
(wood,
: providing hot forced air) to run with my current electric (hot
forced
: air, similar thing). New furnace will sit next to existing one.
:
: If both of them feed into the air ducting close to each other,
do I
: need to separate the one so that it doesn't blow through the
other
: unnecessarily? What's the typical way of doing this? I had a
quick look
: over the installation instructions and there is nothing about
adding it
: as a backup or using the existing one as a backup. They both
have their
: own blowers.
:
: A few hints would be very appreciated.
:
: Dean
: