Chris Lewis

Default what is an approximate lifespan?

According to RB :

What is a good, workable approximation of the useable lifespan of a mobile
home, either single or doublewide? 5yrs? 10yrs? 20yrs? Other?

I'm looking at options for a small vacation place on a lake, and am
considering all kinds of construction for cost comparisons. Replacement
cost has to be factored into the picture, and that is dependent on
lifespan.

If properly built, installed and maintained, there's no particular reason
why its lifespan would be any shorter than any other home.

I'm sure that actuarial tables might show a significant difference
(especially since mobile homes appear to be tornado or hurricane
magnets ;-), but that's the general view of cheap manufacture and
installation, rather than an individual one. It's the individual POV
you're really interested in.

So, if you're planning on _getting_ one, pay for quality, and good
installation (ie: poured foundations or whatever) and it will last
as long as any other home. If you're planning of buying a property
with a mobile home already there, get an inspection.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est