Wayne Whitney

Default Insulating/Sealing Walls From Exterior

On 2005-10-24, Joseph Meehan wrote:

Wayne Whitney wrote:

Yes, the insulation is cotton batts, I put them in when I remodeled
the interior side.

I would definitely get that out of there and replace it with a modern
conventional insulation, it will work better and be far less to cause vermin
or other problems.

Umm, these cotton batts are a "modern conventional insulation", they
are treated with borates to provide fire and vermin resistance. See,
e.g., http://www.bondedlogic.com/. Cotton batts are a much nicer
alternative to fiberglass batts, but more expensive.

Anyway, the original question was about batts insulation in general,
and sealing the batt/framing interface.

Cheers, Wayne