Ian

Default Paint not drying on newly glazed window

I refurbished a couple of sashes from an old window. I striped the
paint off and had bare wood, primed with Sherwin Williams A100 oil
based primer. Bought a new container of DAP 33, instructions say to let
it form a surface skin (7-14 days) before painting. I let the sashes
sit for 4 weeks, I didn't think there was a skin, but then again, I
thought it's been much longer than they suggested so I should be fine.
I then primed again with an oil based primer, 48 hours later the primer
is still not even dry to the touch! What on earth did I do wrong?
I'm assuming I need to pull off all the old glaze and try again!
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ian